The other day I was thinking of new pumpkin recipes when I saw cream puffs in a cookbook, my head instantly began to work and I thought about making pumpkin cream puffs. The choux pastry gave them a sour taste and the cream inside was just suculent, it instantly reminded me of Halloween. I know that the original recipe calls for 4 eggs, but with egg yolks and milk it turned out really good ( I accidentally used egg yolks... for some strange reason )
- 150 gr. flour
- 500 ml. water
- 65 gr. butter
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 c. milk
- a pinch of salt and a pinch of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Pumpkin pie spice
1. In a medium pot add butter and water. While that's on the pot mix flour, salt, sugar and spices, when the water boils, immediately turn off the heat and add flour mixture. Stir until everything is completely mixed and put it again on medium heat until you can see the bottom of the pot. Remove and let it cool.
2. Add the egg yolks one by one alternating with milk stirring really good between each yolk. Let it cool completely and put the mixture in a pastry bag, then start making the puffs.
3. Put a little bit of water on the tip of your finger and smash a little bit the top of the puffs. Bake them at 350°C for 30 minutes or until the look golden brown.
3. With a knife open the in half and remove the soft dough on the inside. Make the filling by mixing 1 c. whipped cream, 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pure, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 2 tablespoon of softened cream cheese. Put the mixture in a pastry bag and fill the puffs.
They are the perfect dessert for Halloween parties!