I've never made Pineapple Upsidedown Cake before, it wasn't difficult as I thought it was going to be and it turned out really delicious, moist on the inside and fluffy. The caramel on top did a great job on making this cake extra special
- 110 gr. unsalted butter
-1/2 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 5 slices of canned pineapple
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c. plain yogurth
1. In a round pan melt 2 tablespoons of butter, add 1/2 c. of sugar and make a caramel with it. Put the pineapple slice on top and add some cherries, let it cool.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time. Then mix in the flour and baking powder alternating with yogurth. Pour the mixture on top of the pineapple.
3. Bake at 360°F for about 45 minutes or until golden brown and let it cool for at least 1 hour.
Carefully turn the cake upside down and enjoy.
[ add a mint leaf to give it a little bit of color ]
[ the caramel begins to make the cake moist ]
[ a close up to the already sliced cake... delicious ]