I know that the time for cookies is over, but honestly, can someone get tired of cookies? not me, specially if you can make three types of cookies with only one recipe, yeah I'm not joking. They are easy as pie, soft and with a buttery flavor... I know you're hungry :)
- 250 gr. unsalted butter
- 200 gr. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 500 gr. of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- a pinch of salt
1. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time and then add vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix just until everything comes together, divide the dough in three equal parts.
2. To one of them you are going to add three tablespoons of cocoa powder, to the second one add 2 teaspoons of ricotta cheese and the zest of one lemon and to the last one don't add anything. Cover each dough individually with plastic wrap and refrigerate them for 1 hour.
3. Take the plain dough, roll it with a rolling pin on a floured surface and cut it with any cookie cutter that you want, these ones are perfect to decorate with icing just like these snowflake cookies. Bake them at 320 °F for 15 minutes.
4. Now take the dough with ricotta cheese, roll it with a rolling pin on a floured surface and cut it in small circles, bake them at 320°F for 15 minutes and let them cool. Make the filling by mixing 1 c. of whipped cream, the zest of one lemon and 1/2 c. of ricotta cheese.
[ make some "sandwiches" with the filling and decorate them with icing and a dried cranberry ]
5. And for the last ones, the ones with cocoa powder... again roll the dough with a rolling pin on a floured surface and cut it with flower shape cookie cutters, bake them at 320°F for 15 minutes and when you take them out of the oven immediatly add one peanut butter chip to each cookie, they'll look and taste fantastic.
Make them and you'll love them