February 16, 2012

Lady Kisses


Ok so before I begin I must say that it is a really tricky recipe, I've been baking for a long time and I thought that everything was a piece of cake until I stumbled with this cookies, they look pretty easy but everything from the dough to the complete cookie takes a lot of work but they are definetly worth the time. If you make them you'll hate me but then you will love me when you taste them.

- 500 gr. of flour
- 150 gr. of sugar
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 15 gr. of dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 eggs and 2 egg yolks
- 200 gr. of unsalted butter, softened
- 100 gr. of shortening, softened

1. In a small bowl mix flour, baking powder and yeast; pour on a table and make a whole in the middle to put butter, shortening and sugar. Mix with your hands until light and fluffy then add eggs one at a time, combine with vanilla and begin to incorporate the flour (this step will take some time). Knead the dough until it looks soft and firm, let it in a warm place for 15 minutes and then in the fridge for 1 hour.


2. Make small balls of about 1 inch wide, you will make about 100 and bake them at 300°F for 20 minutes or until slightly golden brown.



3. Let them cool completely and then make pairs, melt 1/2 c. of unsalted butter and pour 1 c. of sugar in a medium bowl. Take one cookie and spread strawberry jam but not too much, top it with the other cookie, brush it with butter and cover with sugar. (you can skip the butter and sugar step but I think that it makes them a bit more moist and delicious)



You can use any jam you like for example I made them with strawberry jam, blackberry jam and fig jam


With blackberry jam


With fig jam

Have a happy day baking them! they take a lot of time :)


18 comments:

  1. Interesting. I tried to make pumpkin whoopies over the holidays, and they failed to rise up like yours. Maybe I should have added a little yeast. Great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are not excatly whoopie pies but I must say that yeast really makes these cookies soft and with a nice flavor

      Delete
  2. They look divine. So I'm curious - does the yeast make them nice and tall like they are? I love the look of these little buttery cookies with the jam in the middle....sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it makes them really tall and soft, they also taste great

      Delete
  3. These are so cute and tiny and I'm betting very much worth the trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are almost to beautiful to eat...almost =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so pretty to look at. I'll try them when I have a day when I just need to be in the kitchen. We all have days like that I think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous little cookies! I like the Jam in between. Wish I had one of them. now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so good. I'd love a few of those little bites, cookies and jam, a perfect combination!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beti! I love these little beauties! so much! Im following you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this would be such a great fun and sweet treat for my son and myself of course! I love how dainty and delicious they look

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the warning. They look beautiful...pretty things often are hard to accomplish. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're far more brave than me; I still fear baking with yeast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh look at these cute cookies! Stunning job Beti!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love these...they're so dainty and lady-like!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look so pretty! Want some with fig spread ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute!! Thanks again for linking up to my breakfast blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These look like they would melt in your mouth!

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)