March 10, 2012

White Zinfandel and Raspberry Jelly


It's happy hour! but before you continue reading let me tell you that this jelly is JUST for adults, even though it has sugar and that it's a jelly it contains a complete bottle of wine which would be great for a party (or maybe to eat them all by yourself with the excuse that it's just a jelly). I took this recipe from Nigella's book and I was really excited to try it, I can assure you that it turned out pretty good... I mean it's just wine and raspberries what could go wrong?

- 1 bottle of white zinfandel (750ml)
- 1 c. of raspberries
- 5 sheets leaf gelatin
- 3/4 c. of sugar

1. Place wine and raspberries in a bowl and leave them for about 30 minutes.



2. Strain wine into a saucepan and place raspberries in small cups. Heat wine for about 15 minutes nearly boiling add sugar and dissolve, soak gelatin sheets in cold water. In a small bowl  combine 1 c. of hot wine with the gelatin sheets until dissolved, put everything back into the pot and boil if you want to lose the alcohol.



3. Let the wine cool for a few minutes and then fill your cups, allow to set in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. Serve them with heavy cream if desired.


18 comments:

  1. Bastante pegadora! Pero, como relaja, uff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I've never worked with sheets of leaf gelatin before. I will be looking for that. Thanks Beti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! What a fun, adult dessert or party "drink". Gorgeous presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute :) definitely a show stopper at a party! Thanks for sharing! I have a whole box of gelatine leaves lying in my cupboard so it's great i can use them to make these :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely adult dessert! This would be perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, White Zin was my GO TO drink in college! Wish I would have had this recipe then! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is really good and if you like it you should really try this recipe

      Delete
  7. Oh this would be such a gorgeous dessert to serve to a dinner party! I love the simplicity, yet elegance of the the recipe! Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh what a FUN flavor idea! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this is different and looks very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've tried a similar recipe before with grapes, but it wasn't nearly as pretty and I much prefer the tart and sweet flavor of raspberries! This is just beautiful! : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a welcoming, pretty adult treat! The pairing of the zin and the raspbrries is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! I love stirring raspberries into any kind of drink. A couple weeks ago, my mom brought home some raspberries and we made raspberry lemonade.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)