May 23, 2012

Nut Logs


When I was young I hated pecans, there was something about the way they looked that intrigued me but not only pecans, every single nut, I just didn't liked them especially peanuts and almonds which made my life a lot harder since there were always chocolate covered almonds or m&m's with peanuts at my grandma's house and I was dying to eat them but now everything's fine and luckily I'm starting to like them

- 100 gr. of sugar
- 125 gr. of unsalted butter
- 250 gr. of flour
- 3/4 c. of chopped pecans
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla

1. Sift flour and baking powder. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time and vanilla.

2. Stir in chopped pecans and combine with flour mixture, cover dough and refrigerate for 1 hour. Roll dough and cut small rectangles

3. Put them in a prepared pan and bake at 320°F for about 10-15 minutes or until slightly brown in the bottom, let them cool.
Dip them in melted chocolate


Similar Recipes:

                  


26 comments:

  1. Hi Beti! You have been making delicious desserts while I was away... my gosh I'd be so happy if I live next to your house (hoping that I get some samples? Hehee). These cookies look so cute and delicious. I love how you dip chocolate diagonally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha thank's Nami, everybody wants sample and I do give them once in a while

      Delete
  2. These are adorable!
    It's funny how that works. I used to hate SO many different TASTY kinds of food when I was younger, and now I can't get enough of them! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, that happens! especially with veggies

      Delete
  3. Hi Beti,
    Your desserts are just incredible! These look and I am sure taste fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything tastes so much better when it's dipped in some chocolate. :) These buttery, nut-filled cookies are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Nut Logs look delicious! I like how you dipped them in the chocolate. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are gorgeous! I love how simple and clean your photography is - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love pecans and try to use them in cooking as often as I can. I love your nut logs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A friend from a southern state sent me a box of pecans straight from her tree and a love affair was born. How I would love another box right now - this recipe is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet they were fantastic! I've never tried them like that

      Delete
  9. Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog! These look really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a great time going thru all the wonderful desserts you have rustled up. My gosh i really do wish I were your neighbor. First time to your space and I' really impressed and envy the superb clicks. Do drop by when you find time.

    Tickling Palates
    Event : Fruit Recipes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't like nuts much when i was younger either but they've grown on me. Especially pecans. These logs are such a fun treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love nuts and even better with chocolate! The nut logs look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look of your nut log cookies and honestly these are one of my favorites! This is my first visit, I'm so impressed with your blog and look forward to following your posts;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Peanuts are a food group in this house! These look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are little bites of heaven - beautiful recipe and perfect for a quick sweet fix :D

    Cheers
    Choc Chip Uru

    ReplyDelete
  16. fantastyczne słodkości! zgadzam się ze stwierdzeniem, że niebo w gębie!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the sound of these! I could probably eat a million :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are beyond gorgeous. I'd eat them all, that's how obsessed with pecans I am. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nuts will always draw me in :) Add chocolate and I'll be in heaven! These look delicious, Beti.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)