June 14, 2012

Guava Tart


It's been really nice to make simple things like this tart, guavas are great and they can be really fresh and delicious but making a guava tart is a lot more fun than eating them plain, it's like a sweet guava curd

- 1 dough
- 6 guavas chopped
- 1 1/2 c. of sugar
- 7 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 c. of butter cubbed

1. Put guavas and 1/2 c. of sugar in a small pot and bring to boil until sugar dissolves, let it cool, make a puree and strain.

2. Put puree with remaining sugar in a medium pot and bring to boil until sugar dissolves, meanwhile beat egg yolks, add hot mixture slowly and then put everything back in the pot and cook until it thickens.

3. Remove from heat and add butter cubes one at a time mixing well. Pour mixture into crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Make dough and press it into a pie mold, bake for 15 minutes at 350°C
put weight on top so that the crust remains flat.

If you want you can put guava slices on the crust before you add the mixture


Similar Recipes:

                  


20 comments:

  1. ooh this guava tart looks amazing. i just returned from puerto rico and they served us guava butter. i think it's a Caribbean thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it sounds delicious! I've never had guava butter

      Delete
  2. I've never had guava. Your tart looks delicious and now I'm quite curious as to what guava tastes like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had guava either but your tart certainly looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the look of this tart...The texture is really impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so simple and yet so delicious! This tart just shouts out summer to me. Such a lovely recipe Beti!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so creamy and delicious. I don't find much guava here, but I love the juice when I can get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guava juice is amazing! and the tart is really creamy

      Delete
  7. Such a delightful Summer tart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love guavas, but have never featured them in a tart!! loving this!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a quick idea and I use them very often for desserts

      Delete
  9. Wow, this tart looks perfect! I just bought a tart pan, and am so excited to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful! i love this tart- interesting using guava and it sounds so good

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! I love guava, but never had it in tart...looks delicious Beti.
    Hope you are enjoying your week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks a lot Juliana! hope you are enjoying your week as well

      Delete
  12. Gosh this looks good! I've never made a tart from guava before.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I have tried guavas once, but I really can't remember what I thought of them. When I read posts, it makes me want to run out and buy some to try. This tart is really beautiful! I love the flavors, and how creamy and delicious it looks:-) Hugs, Terra

    ReplyDelete

thank you for your comments! I love to read them :)